• United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
• Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
• United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
• United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
• United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
However, a United Nations expert has condemned the growing use of crops to produce biofuels as a replacement for petrol as a crime against humanity, fearing that biofuels would bring more hunger given that food prices have risen as more land is used to produce biofuels.
He complained of an ill-conceived dash to convert foodstuffs such as maize and sugar into fuel, which created a recipe for disaster by diverting arable land to the production of crops which are then burned for fuel.
He called for a five-year ban on the practice.